Bradford Thermoseal Tile Roof Sarking is a heavy duty, medium weight membrane suitable for use under cement and terracotta tiled roofs. This is an economical, single layer polymeric membrane designed for everyday applications.
|Roll Length||Roll Length||Dimensions||m² per roll|
|30m||1500mm||30m x 1500mm||45|
What is Sarking?
Bradford Thermoseal roof sarking products combine the benefits of reflective thermal insulation with superior weather sealing protection. Installed under your tiled or metal roof, Thermoseal products contribute to reduced summer heat loads, allowing your ceiling insulation to work more effectively as well as providing a second skin to protect your home against wind driven rain and dust, as well as storm damage if the roof cladding is damaged.
The Bradford Thermoseal brand replaces the Enviroseal brand of non-permeable roof sarking insulation products referred to as ‘reflective foil laminates’ or ‘sarking membranes’. These products are constructed of polymeric laminates* either with or without kraft paper substrates to assist in improving the smoothness of the foil surface.
All of the Thermoseal products are developed and laminated in Australia using flame retardant adhesives to ensure that they are suitable for use in BAL rated bushfire regions.
When combined with Bradford Gold High Performance ceiling insulation batts, Thermoseal roof sarking products can improve thermal comfort in your home by reducing radiant heat transfer entering your home and reducing draughts which can adversely affect the efficiency of other insulation products.
Whether your application is in a hot or cold climate, roof spaces fitted with a reflective foil laminate product (such as a Thermoseal roof sarking product) benefit from controlled ventilation to assist in the removal of excess heat load in summer and moisture in winter.
* Excludes Roof Metal Wall which is a paper based product only.
Benefits of Thermoseal roof sarking during the building process
- Protects the building structure from the elements prior to the application of the roof tiles, which limits water damage to internal structural components;
- Improves on-site work flow efficiency by allowing some internal trades to commence work before the roof tiles are applied.
Benefits of Thermoseal roof sarking once your home is completed
- Protects your home from wind driven rain and dust ingress, creating a secondary protective skin in the event of storm damage;
- Reduces draughts entering the roof space, allowing ceiling insulation to work more effectively which ultimately improves the energy efficiency of your home;
- Contributes a reflective R-Value which improves the overall thermal insulation value of the roof structure when positioned adjacent to an air cavity (minimum 20mm);
- Provides compliance to BAL bush fire ember attack requirements in accordance with AS3959 by providing a secondary form of ember protection for the roof space.
- All products comply with a flammability index of less than or equal to 5 when tested in accordance with AS1530.2.
- Premium, medium weight polymeric and paper laminate construction for easy laying in most conditions.
- Very good interior finish.