Bradford Thermoseal Light Duty Wall Breather 1350mm
Thermoseal Wall Breather is a light duty perforated weather barrier specifically designed to allow extra drying drying capacity in the wall cavity, while still protecting the insulation and timber frame.
Note: This product does not achieve a 'high' water barrier classification and may not be suitable for some lightweight cladding applications (check with cladding manufacturing) or condensation control where air control is required.
|Product code||Roll Width||Roll Length||m² per roll|
About Bradford Thermoseal Wall Breather
The Bradford Thermoseal range of wall wrap products provide a secondary protective skin to your home which can reduce draughts and help make your home more comfortable.
Thermoseal Reflective foil laminates are pliable, vapour barrier products that can provide an additional R-Value to a building system by using an air cavity (an air void in the building frame) to create an R-Value as part of the total wall construction. The type of wall construction, use of bulk insulation (wall batts) and the required air-gap R-Value from the wall wrap will determine the type of wall wrap that is suitable to the application.
Recommended use for Breather products
Where air transfer from each side of the membrane is required and ‘unclassified’ water barrier properties are acceptable, Thermoseal Wall Breather is an option. Note that this product is not a vapour permeable product, but may be a suitable option in some climate zones for specific construction types when specified by a qualified person.
Benefits during construction
- Protects the building structure from the elements prior to the application of the roof tiles, which limits water damage to internal structural components;
- Improves on-site work flow efficiency by allowing some internal trades to commence work before the roof tiles are applied.
Benefits once your house is built
- Protects your home from wind driven rain and dust ingress, creating a secondary protective skin in the event of storm damage to your roof;
- Reduces draughts entering the roof space, allowing insulation to work more effectively which ultimately improves the energy efficiency of your home;
- Contributes a reflective R-Value which improves the overall thermal insulation value of the roof structure when positioned adjacent to an air cavity;
- Provides compliance to BAL bush fire ember attack requirements in accordance AS3959 by providing a secondary form of ember protection for the roof space – all products comply with a flammability index of less than or equal to 5 when tested in accordance with AS1530.2.